Wednesday 19 September 2012

Day 13. No Fixation!

Hey Everyone!

Today I got the last bandages removed from my foot! So exciting! My doctor told me he wants me off crutches as soon as possible which is the best news, so sick of the sticks! I am fairly happy with the results, the toe still looks a little small because the bone are all compressed but when I start walking on it properly it should stretch about 2-3 mm making it amazing! Also my second toe which was shortened is still long, and will take another couple of months before being 100% normal :)

I am only wearing runners now, for about 4 weeks and then I will be free to wear anything I like, I cannot wait, just in time for summer!

Heres a photo of my new foot and the scar :)

Hope everyone is well and I'd love to hear all your stories,

N

7 comments:

  1. :) Thank you! I am so excited to be walking around, even if it is super slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I recently had the surgery as well...just finish turning the fixator bit my toe is not at the full length..it looks just like yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if you are a bit worried don't be, the toe at the moment is very compressed, and as you start to walk on it properly will stretch out about 2-3 mm and look different and more normal. Your foot is also very swollen in comparison to a normal foot so when everything goes down it will look completely different as well. Just stay strong and I'm sure you will be so happy with the results when its all over!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Nadia! hope u are doing well. I'm just stoping by to let you know that I did have the surgery yesterday on both feet (one-stage). I'm doing well just really sore and in pain.... and I can't walk but I'm not complaining. thanks for your advice and your time in writing your blog so I could be prepared for my surgery
    K.I.T
    Innay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I am thank you! I have a bit of pain in my heel/ankle but I am seeing an osteo, I think my back is out of alignment, from laying down all the time etc.

    :) that is soo good to hear! The pain should hopefully ease up soon and you will be seeing the end so fast! How do your feet look? You should really start a blog I'd love to follow your progress!

    It was my pleasure, I honestly didn't expect so many people to read it, it makes me feel so good to know I have helped! :)

    Love to keep in touch!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just got my fixator removed yesterday. It was at an okay length, but this morning it shrunk! The bottom of the nail on my short toe now is at the top of the pinky toe. And just yesterday it was at a good in between length. Was yours long, then shrunk, and then stretched back out?

    ReplyDelete